BELOW are the documents you need to print out for the DVAS shows. The titles are self explanatory. To open just double click on the file name.
These files require the FREE program Adobe Reader to be present on your computer. Most people have this program on their computer, but if you don’t then, you will need to download and install Adobe Reader. As our documents are in PDF format, this program( Adobe Reader) must be present on your computer so the file will open and be readable and editable.. ( in others words, so the files we provide will work for YOU )
Here are the links.
If you have an APPPLE/Mac Computer: http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html
If you have a PC Computer: https://www.download-free.com/pdf-reader-software?source=ga
These files below are for our shows. Only print out the ones you need and bring them to registration for the shows. Double click on the purple title to open and READ and/or write to them; then print what you require.
1. File #1 (called DVAS NEW INVENTORY SHEET) is the inventory sheet for our records file. note, this is a NEW FILE – it must now first be printed and filled in by hand.
2. File #2 (called page of 8 tags) is a sheet of small tags. Print on Cardstock and fill it out yourself with your painting’s information in your handwriting.
3. File #3 , DVAS Price:Info Card is an editable file for you to use for your price tags. you fill in the information on the computer and THEN print it out on Cardstock. This price tag goes on your painting/artwork. And now BELOW there is a link to 4 cards laid out on one page, however these you must print first and then fill out by hand.
4. File #4 ( called Price list May 2012) is for minimum pricing based on painting sizes.You do not have to print this file out to attend the shows. It is for your information only.
5. Empty Name Tag – size of a business card
If you need help with the above, email email@example.com
Our Show Guidelines – Please Read…
DIRECTIVES FOR FRAMING, DISPLAYING AND HANGING ART WORKS
Amended and Approved by DVAS Executive – November 2014
It is important for the gallery show that we as artist do not copy other artist work exactly. This is an infringement on their legal rights to their work.
CRAIG GALLERY Paintings that have already been shown at the Craig Gallery cannot be shown again. Please only enter new and original work (not copies of another person’s work).
You must register during the registration period in order to exhibit your work in these shows, so please register early!
We are asking each person to book two sittings for our shows in order to ensure someone is always available at the Exhibit.
If anyone has further questions and/or concerns about exhibiting, registering, or booking sittings, please contact the Chair.
The Hanging Committee reserves the right to remove any artwork that does not meet standards. They will be the final arbiters in all decision making, and are responsible for understanding and implementing the overall requirements for each exhibition.
Prices cannot be changed once the show is hung.
Paintings must be appropriately presented and neatly installed into their frames. The importance of proper framing cannot be over-emphasized.
• Watercolours and pastels are required to be framed under glass and have a paper dust cover placed securely on the back.
• Acrylics and oils on canvas are to be framed without glass.
• Only frames that are able to have a wire hanger will be accepted. Proper wire hangers are required.
• No cardboard backs with saw tooth hooks will be accepted.
• Gallery canvasses are acceptable only if the edges are painted and free from staples.
• Larger sized canvasses must have a sufficiently braced stretcher so the painting does not warp.
We are limited to 72 paintings per show.
Paintings for each artist are limited to one large, or two small/medium works.
Small to medium paintings sizes (unframed measurement) are to be no greater than 16” x 20” in size. No painting may be larger than 28 x 36 inches framed.
Acceptable gallery canvases are 1.5 inches or more thick. Please see the DVAS Pricing Guide.
Larger works must first be cleared with the Exhibition Chairs. With advanced notice, every effort will be made to accommodate special requests – if space and format permits.
Please have an updated Bio for the binder as it is a way for buyers to contact you about your other works.
Only art work that is sold may be removed before the end of the exhibition period. Please contact the Exhibition Chair to install a replacement for the rest of the show.
The People’s Choice Award winning painting must be left until the end of the show, even if sold.
All work must be removed from the Craig Gallery at the end of the show at pick-up times.