DVAS (Dartmouth Visual Art Society) is an arts organization formed in 1987 by local artists to support and promote visual arts in the community and yet has been energized by the artistic diversity in the larger community as well. Membership continues to grow at a steady pace. The ideas and creativity that each new member brings are most welcome.
Many diverse needs of our membership are addressed through a dynamic program of weekly studio groups, monthly workshops, 2 exhibitions per year, newsletters and membership meetings. Currently, DVAS has an Annual General Meeting in the early part of the year with the election of officers. Additional meetings are held as required.
For each of the past several years, DVAS has provided a limited scholarship to a student pursuing a Fine Arts degree at NSCAD.
Interested in joining DVAS?
We provide an annual membership that runs from January to December, but new members are welcome to join us at any time. Membership fees are $25.00 per year, renewal is every January. Any inquiries should be directed to Mary Lou Whitehorne. Membership dues must be paid-up at least 60 days before any SHOW participation. If you change your e-mail address, please inform Mary Lou.
Please direct dues to
C/O Mary Lou Whitehorne
Executive and Committee Members
- President, Sandra Grebeldinger
- Vice-President, Bert Staples
- Treasurer, Jackie Boudreau
- Secretary, Kathy Snell
- Membership, Mary Lou Whitehorne
- Workshop Planner, Kitty Wiley
- Workshop Registrar, Violet Robertson
- Publicity, Rena Waters
- Exhibitions, Suzanne Hastings-James/Fran Barclay
- Communications (email), Sheila Taylor
- Telephone, Donna Morris/Cheryl Carpenter
- Nominations, Judy Avery
- Studio Group, Sandra Harrison
- Scholarships, Joe Murphy
- Web Site/posters, Dorothea LeBlanc
- Brochure/Newsletter, Virginia Allen
- Member at Large, Doug Scott
- Hospitality, Edie Paul