DVAS (Dartmouth Visual Art Society) is a relatively young arts organization formed in 1987 by local artists to support and promote visual arts in the community.
The diverse needs of the membership are addressed through a dynamic program of workshops, exhibitions, newsletters and meetings.
Currently, DVAS has an Annual General Meeting in January with the election of officers. Additional meetings are held as required.
DVAS has been energized by the artistic diversity in the larger community. Membership continues to grow at a steady pace. The ideas and creativity that each new member brings are most welcome.
For each of the past several years, DVAS has provided a limited scholarship to a student pursuing a Fine Arts degree.
Interested in joining DVAS?
We provide an annual membership that runs from January 1 to December 31, but new members are welcome to join us at any time. Membership fees are $25.00 per year. Membership renewal is January 1, 2014. Any inquiries should be directed to our membership coordinator: Tilly Pacheco. Membership dues are to be paid-up at least 60 days before participation is allowed in shows. If you change your e-mail address, please inform Tilly.
By Phone: 435-4010 E-mail: email@example.com
or Snail Mail: 131 Doherty Drive, Lawrencetown, NS B2Z 1C7
Executive and Committee Members for 2012
- President, Edie Paul
- Vice-President, Ivan Morrison
- Secretary, Mary Lou Whitehorne
- Treasurer, Gwen Paquin
- Membership, Tilly Pacheco
- Workshop Planner, Fran Robinson
- Workshop Registrar, Violet Robertson
- Publicity, Crystal Edwards
- Exhibitions, Katie MacNeil
- Telephone, Donna Morris
- Nominating, Mary Conrod
- Web Site Madame, Dorothea LeBlanc
- Brochure/Newsletter Vivian Hall
- Studio Group, Sandra Harrison
- Scholarship, Laurie Davidson
- Email, Sheila Taylor
- Member at Large, Doug Scott